Panorama Assistant helps you to create great high resolution photo panoramas. Sensors such as gyroscope, compass, and accelerometer are used to perfectly align each shot. Panorama Assistant can also be used to calculate panorama vertical and horizontal rotations or as an attachment for external (e.g. DSLR) cameras.
Features include (some features are platform dependent):
- Capture source images for panoramas of any type (including spherical) without missing parts of the scene.
- Support for Nokia Lumia 1020 and Nokia 808 PureView high resolution pictures (allows creating of spherical panoramas of more than 700 Megapixels!).
- Support for focus mode, white balance (also manual), ISO, exposure time, exposure lock, exposure compensation, scene mode, flash mode, focusing light, shutter sound (WP8 only).
- Virtual capturing mode: use Panorama Assistant as a helper gadget for DSLRs and compact cameras.
- Automatic or manual capturing: capture images automatically once the phone is in the correct position.
- Continue unfinished panoramas.
- Panorama calculator: calculate horizontal and vertical rotation angles based on sensor size, focal length, overlap, and camera position.
- Support for custom lens presets.
- HDR mode (WP8 only): capture three differently exposed pictures for each panorama position.
- NOTE: Panorama Assistant does not stitch panoramas but it assists in shooting perfect source images for panoramas which can then be fused using your favorite software such as Photoshop, Autopano, etc.