FastMotion lets you capture time-lapse (stop motion, fast motion) videos with your mobile phone's camera. Exposure, focus, white balance, and flash can be set during runtime. Frames are stored individually (jpg,png,bmp) and as a time-lapse movie (mp4) with up to Full HD format and fully customizable framerate and resolution.
Creating Videos Offline (On your PC) from FastMotion Pictures
Due to limited resources on mobile phones, the quality of the generated output video is poor for high resolutions (e.g. HD). In the following an easy way to generate high quality time-lapse videos from individual pictures generated by FastMotion on your PC is decribed:
- Set the mode to just record individual frames, preferable in jpg format, with highest possible resolution. Make sure to turn off movie generation, as it consumes much processing time.
- After capturing transfer all individual pictures stored under "<drive>:\Images\fm_*\" to your local harddisk.
- Download and start the opensource freeware VirtualDub.
- In VirtualDub select "File" - "Open video file" and select the first time lapse picture "fm000000000.jpg".
- Select "Video" - "Filter" - "Add" and choose the "Resize" filter and set the settings as follows (the example shows the settings for full-HD):
- Adjust your prefered video framerate, compression (Codec*), etc. settings which can be found in the "Video" menu.
- Save the avi by selecting "Save" - "Save as AVI".
* If you have not installed an appropriate codec yet, I recommend to install K-Lite Codec Pack or ffdshow. Then select "ffdshow" as codec within VirtualDub.