The GPS Control for GoPro Hero cameras app allows you to start and stop recording when a given location is reached. Just define a set of POIs (points of interest), such as the start point of a single track or tourist attractions. The GoPro will then automatically start capturing when entering these regions.
Features include (some features are platform dependent):
- Supports GoPro Hero 2 (with Wifi Backpack), 3, 3+, and 4 cameras.
- Start/stop recording when entering or leaving a POI (geo fence).
- Option to automatically turn off camera between POIs to save energy.
- Option to dimm screen brightness to save energy (iOS).
- Standard, hybrid, and satellite maps.
- Option to show notifications
- Search for addresses (using Openstreetmap address service).